Dalsland's canal extends from Lake Vänern up to Bengtsfors. The height difference on the route is just over 40 meters.
- Built 1864 - 1868 under the direction of Nils Ericson
- 17 lock stations
- 22 lakes and shelters, of about 1300 lakes only in Dalsland
- 31 locks
- The length of the canal system is 254 km, of which about 12 km is an excavated or broken canal.
- The system extends from Köpmannebro at Vänern via lakes into southwest Värmland
- The level difference between Stora Le and Vänern is 66 m.
- The maximum permissible draft is 1.80 m, maximum boat length 22.75 m and maximum width 4.05 m.